Medical Interns will be placed in "Centros de Salud" or clinics which provide both primary and basic emergency care to low-income families. Clinics receive a large amount of patients every day. Volunteers will be working alongside doctors and nurses, rotating within the different departments of the clinic, such as pediatrics, obstetrics, and general medicine.
Medical Interns will be given a level of responsibility that corresponds to the following:
a) Level of training and expertise
b) Spanish level
d) Personality and ability to take initiative
Interns are required to bring their own basic medical supplies, including white coat, scrubs and stethoscope. Prior to your arrival you may be required to provide copies of your training and credentials.
Internships require a minimum three month commitment. Interns will be responsible for a small administrative fee per week which will be paid in advance. Airport pick-up and a safety and culture orientation will be included. Interns will also be invited to accompany volunteers and travelers on trips and tours.
- Once we receive your application, we will review it and notify you within a few days of your acceptance status.
- If you are accepted you will need to pay your deposit within one week to reserve your place.
- Upon receipt of your deposit you will be sent our in depth pre-departure information full of indispensible tips regarding preparing and packing, your destination and its customs, your accommodations, travel requirements and suggestions, and much more.
- After reserving your place please book your flight and send us your flight information so we can schedule your airport pick-up. Also visit your doctor for any vaccinations you may require and do not hesitate to ask us any questions that you may have.
- The remaining total is due 30 days before the start of your program.
- Join us Helping and Traveling in Peru!