The Cusco City Retreat offers the opportunity to participate in a volunteer project with your team, while being conveniently located in the amazing city of Cusco. Not only will you be making a difference in the volunteer project of your choice, but you will get to enjoy the amazing food, historical sites, and fun nightlife that the city offers.
Upon arrival, you will be picked up at the Cusco airport and taken to your accommodations. You will be given an orientation to the city as well as your volunteer project. You and your group will get to choose from the variety of volunteer projects that PV Travels offers: childcare, teaching English, sport education, music project, animal/dog care, dental, medical, and physical therapy.
During the week you sill start working at your volunteer project. The first day you will transported to your project and introduced to the staff and your coordinator who will give you instructions as to the work you will be doing. During the evening on your third night in Cusco, you will go on the Nightlife Walking Tour around the city to see some of the most important sites at night and also learn about nightlife entertainment. You will also have the option to take Spanish classes in the afternoons after you volunteer and salsa lessons at night.
After volunteering during the week, on Saturday you will be picked up early from your accommodations for your Machu Picchu tour. You will be taken to the train station and take the train to Aguas Calientes, the town at the bottom of Machu Picchu. Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes, you will be met by a representative from your hotel who will take you to the hotel to check in. You will have a free afternoon where you can visit the Mandor Waterfalls, the thermal bathes, the butterfly farm or just relax and explore the town.
The next day you will have a tour of Machu Picchu for about two hours and then you will have free time to explore Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon you will return to Cusco where you will stay in your accomodations for the last night.
The last day you will check out of your accommodations and be transported to the Cusco airport.
*All retreats are fully customizable based on the needs and goals of your company.
- Volunteer Project for One Week in Cusco (Mon-Fri)
- Machu Picchu Tour (2 days/1 night)
- Nightlife Walking Tour
- Accommodations in Cusco for 8 days/7 nights in a host family and hostel; hotel, shared or private apartment also available (additional fees may apply)
- 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Three meals a day in a host family (lunch and dinner not included during the Machu Picchu tour)
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Transport to volunteer project the first day
- Discount for Spanish classes
- Free salsa classes Monday - Saturday
- Free coffee and tea
- Access to computers with high speed Internet
- Wi-Fi access
- 24/7 support before and during your time in Peru
- Your fee also contributes to the purchase of necessary supplies for improvements at your project
Price Based on Options